719 Hughes Rd, Madison, AL 35758
Sunday Communities* - 9:30 am
Sunday Worship - 10:45 am
*Sunday Communities do not meet during the Summer or Advent
Children's Ministries exists to fulfill the vision of Valley Presbyterian Church by partnering with parents to make disciples of our Covenant children by Following Christ Together.
We seek to:
Parent's Night Out - Glow Into The World
February 21 from 5-8pm in the Fellowship Hall
MISSIONS CONFERENCE 2020
Saturday, February 29
7:30-10:00 a.m. Pancake breakfast at Applebee's on Hughes Road in Madison (drop in for breakfast)
8:30-9:00 Prepare table/display information in the sanctuary
9:00-9:20 Coffee and Donuts with missions committee in the fellowship hall
9:30-10:20 FCA Huddle with Children's Ministry - Fellowship Hall
***Church-wide lunch following service: 5th annual Chili Cook-off
We're so glad you'll be worshipping with us! To check your child/children in, please visit the Nursery Check-In Desk for their nametags (even for non-nursery-aged children).
9:30 am Assembly in the Fellowship Hall
New Spring Quarter Begins 2/2/20
Join us "Blooming" in faith during Children's Sunday Communities
Preschool & Kindergarten: Jesus is the Savior
Focus: Children will find out about Jesus’ love for His people, His death and resurrection, His ascension, the Promised Holy Spirit, and His return one day. They will focus on three concepts: Jesus is the Loving Savior, Jesus in the Savior-King, and Jesus is the Risen Lord. May they respond to the message of salvation with faith so that they can say, “I love Jesus. He is my Savior.” Pray for our children and teachers.
1st & 2nd Grades: Studying God’s Word
Focus: We are so excited to teach this quarter and what it means to become devoted to God’s Word. There are four focus points: God’s Promise of Salvation is found only in His Word, the Bible; Old Testament people and their relationship to God and His Word; Jesus loved and obeyed God’s Word; and the importance to live by God’s Word, to listen to it, memorize scripture, obey His Word. Pray for great scriptural truths will take root and grow this spring!
3rd & 4th Grades: Listening to Jesus
● Jesus as our Teacher, God’s Son, Promised Savior, Chosen King
● They learn that he is powerful, his words are true and that he wants us to follow his example of humble and loving service.
● Jesus forgives our sin and enables us to respond to him in faith and obedience.
● Gives them everything they need to be accepted into his kingdom because of his mercy and grace to those he has called to belong to him.
● Encouraged to acknowledge their sinfulness and recognize that only Jesus can save them. They are challenged to put Jesus and his kingdom first in their lives.
5th & 6th Grades: God Used Paul’s Life and Letters
● Preteens will learn how to live as God’s chosen people as they look forward to Christ’s return.
● They will see how they fit into God’s redemptive work among his people and how these books are part of God’s single story of salvation from Genesis to Revelation.
● By God’s grace, they will gain a deeper hunger and thirst for God’s Word and a greater love for and trust in its Author.
Sunday Service & Children's Church 10:45am-11:45am
Children's Church is open to kids ages 4-1st grade.
Children are dismissed after the Song of Response. During Children's Church, we work through the curriculum Teach Me to Worship, which introduces and explains the elements of worship, such as Benediction, Reading of the Word, Tithes, and more!
The month of February is the Missions unit
Each week we will learn about a missionary that Valley supports.
Missions offering goes to Huntsville Pregnancy Resources Center
Children's Church meets in two classrooms by birthdate.
Children's Church 1- ages 4 & Kindergarten sign-in on the right-hand side of the Nursery.
Children's Church 2 - Kindergarten through 1st grade sign-in by the Sensory Room (kitchen side).
For the service, children's activity bulletins, sermon notes and Valley Pres children's bulletins are available in the foyer. as well as crayons and colored pencils.
Questions? Concerns? Prayer requests? Do you recieve our Weekly eBlast?
Contact the Children's Ministry here at Valley!
Children's Ministry Director: Betsy Palm, email@example.com
Nursery Coordinator & CM Assistant: Tammy Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org