- FOLLOWING: discipling the next generation
- CHRIST: preparing children as lifelong followers of Jesus Christ.
- TOGETHER: building relationships with children and families.
DIVE Into God's Word!!
This is where we get serious about teaching our children at Valley Presbyterian! We are going deeper into God's Word and applying it to our daily lives. FOLLOWING CHRIST TOGETHER!
It was October 1999 - Steven Curtis Chapman’s song “DIVE” was on the radio and I was "caught"by the lyrics. It was also at that time that I interviewed for the Children’s Ministry job at Hixson Presbyterian Church in Chattanooga, TN. That song became my prayer as I entered uncharted waters - I was ‘swept’ away by the great privilege of serving God’s little children and their parents. I’ve been over my head, I’ve been in too deep, I’ve been caught in the rush and lost in the flow……but sink or swim….I’ve diving in again and again and again. God’s GRACE is so AWESOME - He fills my heart to overflowing over and over and over!!
The summer 2016 our VBS theme was Deep Sea Discovery - how fun it was to decorate the church, learn some great songs of truth and learn how much God Knows, Hears, Strengthens, Loves and Sends us! I loved the content and wanted to continue with a theme for our new Sunday School Year so we are going to “DIVE into God’s Word”.
I'm diving in, I'm going deep, in over my head I want to be
Caught in the rush, tossed in the flow, in over my head I want to go
The river's deep, the river's wide, the river's water is alive
So sink or swim, I'm diving in!!!
Come on Let’s Go!!
Sunday School is for ages 4 through 6th grades:
- GCP’s curriculum equips children by firmly rooting them in God’s Word.
- Each age level of the Show Me Jesus curriculum uniquely contributes to the overall objective of a well-rounded, in-depth biblical education.
- Classrooms are divided by age groups: 4’s/K; 1st/2nd; 3rd/4th; 5th/6th
- Pre-K & K - Jennifer Suckow, Lisa Kay Trowbridge
- 1st & 2nd grades -Kim – Anne Baker, Kim Foss
- 3rd & 4th grades - Rebecca Shelton, Chris Ahmed
- 5th & 6th grades -Brian Foss, Betsy Palm
Please pray for your children's teachers and class to seek and grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord, Jesus Christ.
Children’s Church is for 4 year olds through 1st grade:
NEW ROOM: CHILDREN'S CHURCH HAS MOVED TO THE UPSTAIRS YOUTH ROOM!! PLEASE NOTE NEW DROP-OFF AND PICK-UP.
Parents: Bring your children to the stairs, sign in and our leaders will take them upstairs. To PICK UP: Please come up the stairs to sign out and exit thru the other set of stairs in the Adult Sunday Community room.
Teach me to Worship Children’s Church - teaching a child to worship is the privilege of parents, and there is great blessing when family members of all generation worship together. Our new curriuculum teaches and explains the common elements of worship. We hope to provide ministry leaders and parents a great tool to equip another generation to Worship.
What to Expect each week in Children's Church:
- Children arrive into CC room and go to tables for coloring sheet to introduce the lesson.
- Parents sing-in outside the door.
- Give out nametags
- Introduce yourself and helpers.
ELEMENTS FOR FALL:
May: Tithes & Offerings
- Each week’s structure is the same with monthly units of study.
- Allow time to color ~ 10 minutes, move to rug for lesson
CALL TO WORSHIP – Monthly Memory Verse with hand motions
PRAISE – Sing monthly Hymn with CD (ask children to show you hand motions) We are learning.
Confession of Faith
Reading of the Word
Prayer – ask children if anyone wants to pray for our study
Hearing the Word – Lessons & Activity
Benediction – have children stand, pray
Dismiss: Send home coloring pages and have parents sign-out their children. Only dismiss to a parent.