We believe that one of the best ways to develop relationships, provide mutual care and support for one another, and discover God more deeply is by becoming involved with smaller groups of people, committed to living out the implications of the gospel in their lives. At Valley Presbyterian Church, we call these gatherings “Community Groups.” It’s our hope that through the relationships that develop in Community Groups, we might live life with one another, care for each other, learn together, and support one another in times of need.
Ready to get in a Community Group? It’s easy...
- We offer Men’s and Women’s Groups, and Groups with single and married men and women. Decide which one you want to tryout. Then…
- Find a day and time below that fits your weekly rhythm, and send a quick email to the contact listed to let them know you’d like to visit the group. You’ll get an equally quick response and invitation to their next gathering.
- Feel free to tryout more than one group. Lather, rinse, repeat!
- If you need more help in finding a group that's right for you, send our Discipleship Pastor Bill Nash an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- That’s it!!
- Meeting at Jason & Rebecca Shelton’s home every other Sunday from 5-7pm. The first hour is pot luck dinner, the second hour is discussion of the sermon topic and Scripture of the day. Contact Rebecca Shelton at email@example.com Note: The group is on break through the Summer and will resume in the Fall 2017.
- Meeting every other week at James and Cindy Hollis' house in the evenings at 5:00-7:00pm and is open to couples. Contact James Hollis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meeting at Valley Presbyterian Church, upstairs youth room at 9:30-11:00 am. This women's group together works through various Bible studies. Little to no preparation involved. Childcare is provided - reservation for childcare must be made no later than Sundays at noon at this link. We will be reading "Walking with God in the Season of Motherhood" by Melissa Kruger. Book $15 (includes child care) available at the first study RSVP to Casey Shell: email@example.com.
- Meeting at William and Lauren Plott’s home every Monday at 6:00-8:00pm. This group is open to all Young Adults. Contact William Plott at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meeting at Mark and Anna Kent’s home every other Monday at 6:00pm. This group is currently on break for the summer and will pick back up after Labor Day. Contact Anna Kent at email@example.com or at 256.684.1012.
- Meeting at Bruegger's on Hughes Rd. in Madison at 6:15 am. This group is open to men. Contact Hal Guest at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meeting every other Tuesday at Todd and Susan Thuss' house. This group meets in the evening at 6:45-8:15pm and is open to all. Contact Bill Nash at email@example.com.
- Meeting at Matt Denny’s home at 6:00 for dinner and Bible study and is open to men. Contact Matt at matthew4405@gmail. com.
- Meeting at Grounded Coffee on County Line Road in Madison at 6:30 am. This group is currently studying I Timothy and is open to men. . Contact Bob Greenman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meeting at Lauren Plott's home from 6:30-8:00 pm. This is an evening woman's group. Note: We are on break through the Summer and will resume in the Fall 2017.
- Meeting every other Wednesday at Adam & Jenny Felming's house. This group meets in the evening at 6:15-8:00pm and is open to all. Contact Adam Fleming at email@example.com.
- Meeting at Jeff and Susan Newman's home from 6:30-8:00 PM. This group is open to all. The group is studying Knowing God by J. I. Packer and interwoven with Experiencing God by Henry Blackaby - the material does not limit newcomers from joining at any time. Contact Jeff Newman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meeting at Chick-fil-A in Madison at 6:30 am. This group is open to men. Contact Jim Radford at email@example.com.
- Meeting at Baumhouer’s Wings on Airport Road and South Parkway at 11:30 am. This lunch group is open to men. Contact Bill Nash at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meeting every other Thursday at Kevin and Betsy Palm's house. This group meets in the evening 6:15-7:45pm and is open to couples. Childcare is available. Contact Ginger Ryan (email@example.com) or Jonathan Ryan (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Meeting at Hal and Kathy Guest’s home Thursdays from 6:30-8:00pm. This group is discussing Sunday's sermon and is open to all. Contact Hal at 256.698.4341 or at email@example.com.