Women's Ministry Retreat
Together: Living in the now but Not Yet
September 27-29 (Friday - Sunday)
Camp Alpine, Mentone, Alabama
$135, includes 2 nights lodging, 5 meals
Checks can be placed int he offereing at church with Women's Retreat in the "for" line or given to Jenny Fleming.
This year's Women's Retreat will be a series about tools that we can use as we live in the tension between the cross and Christ’s return. Many people are familiar with private spiritual disciplines such as prayer, Bible study and fasting. We will look at relational disciplines that we live out together as the church.
Camp Alpine was established in 1959 on top of Lookout Mountain in Mentone, AL. There is a fellowship hall, hiking trails, and rocking chairs! We will be bunking in cabins, but don't worry, no one will have to take a top bunk.
All three meals and snacks will be provided!
We are currently planning several activites centered around meals. Don't worry introverts, there will be quiet time and plenty of opportuniteis for you to sneak away and enjoy God's glory in nature.
Julia Friedman will be leading the group sessions and goes to North Shore Fellowship Church in Chattanooga, TN. She will be discussing living in the already but not yet and giving us tools for relational disciplines within the church such as sharing your story, confession and grieving, celebration, work and worship.
We are very excited and looking forward to our retreat coming up quickly! A few things for you to make a note of as you plan your traveling arrangements and prepare for the weekend.
- Check in beings at 4pm Friday. Please arrive anytime after 4. When one enters camp follow the signs to the Ridge. Camp Alpine will be assisting with parking. Dinner will be served 6-7pm in the large meeting area. Our first session begins at 7:30pm.
- Directions and Travel Time: Please carpool if you can. Let us know if you need assistance with this.
- GPS address is: 209 County Road 624, Mentone, Alabama 35984
- 1 hour 45 minute drive time. The best way is to drive through Scottsboro/Ft Payne, (much better than driving through Mentone)
- What to Bring: Bible, comfortable clothes and shoes, toiletries, sheets, blanket, pillow or sleeping bag, towel.
- What to expect:
- Sleeping Arrangements: You will be sleeping in a cabin with heat and air. There are 8 bunk beds per cabin with 6 women per cabin-everyone gets a bottom bunk. You will be assigned to a cabin but not a bunk. This area of Camp Alpine is a retreat center only. It is not used by the boys for summer camp.
- Food: Dietary restrictions: We are happy to accommodate. Please let Jennifer Suckow know by Sunday, Sep 22 email@example.com
You will not go hungry and we’ve heard the food is fabulous!
- Music: We have a new worship leader. Sandy Luchenbill will be joining us from Cypress Ridge PCA in Winter Haven, FL. She just happens to be Tammy Hall’s mom!
- Great teaching from Julia as we look at how we are to live in this time of history..the now but not yet. She will be covering Luke 8, Nehemiah 1 and 8, Matthew 6:10.
- Opportunities to personally reflect what you are learning.
- Testimonies from 2 Valley women
- Opportunities to form relationships
- Dinner: Chicken/Beef Fajitas
- Breakfast: Buffet
- Lunch: Salad Bar, Chicken Salad
- Dinner: BBQ
Camp Alpine will be providing apples, bananas, granola bars, boxed cookies and cake but we would like to provide some homemade goodies and desserts.
- Check out: Sunday at 11am, lunch on your own. There are many restaurants in Ft. Payne on your way home or have lunch at Wildflower Cafe in Mentone. Let Kathy Guest know if you would like to join us for lunch in Mentone.
7. Schedule: (subject to change 😊)
4:00 pm Arrive, Settle in
6:00 pm Dinner
7:15 pm Session 1: The Person- Luke 8:40
8:15 pm Small Groups
8:45 pm Game
9:00 pm Dessert-Coffee-Free Time
7:00 am Coffee
7:30 am Breakfast
8:30 am Good Morning!
8:45 am Time of Silent Reflection
9:15 am Session 2: The Prayer-Matthew 6:10
10:45 am Small group
11:30 am lunch
1:00. pm Free Time!
5:30 pm Dinner
6:40 pm Session 3: The Problem- Nehemiah 1
8:00 pm Small Groups
8:40 pm Q&A with Julia
7:00 am Coffee
7:30 am Breakfast
8:30 am Good Morning/Welcome
8:45 am Time of Silence
9:15 am Old Fashion Hymn Sing with the group Roman Road
10:00 am Session 4: The Party- Nehemiah 8
10:30 am Small Groups
11:00am Pack up and head home
Praying for each of you! May you come with open, expectant hearts! AND there is still time to invite a friend! Help spread the word. Deadline is Sunday.
❤️ Kathy and the FABULOUS Event Team (Lauren Z, Jen S, Jennifer S, Raeley, Kim Anne, Robbie, Cindy, Jenny)