Governor Ivey has issued a new Safer Apart Order, effective until May 5. That order, along with the significant drop in COVID-19 cases in Madison County, has led the Session to make the following changes to our protocols beginning Sunday, April 11. The new protocols, based on the state's plan, are as follows and will be reflected on our website:
1. Masks will no longer be required for Sunday morning worship but are now left to the discretion of each person.
2. If you are sick, please do not attend in person.
3. Sunday worship services will continue to be live-streamed.
4. We'll keep the “avoid socializing zone” marked off around the entrances/exits for a while longer to avoid any bottlenecks so that people may enter and exit quickly if they so desire.
5. We will not resume offertory in the liturgy at this time - offering plates will remain near each door and continue to accept giving via the church website.
We praise God for His mercy through the pandemic; we also thank Him for the blessings of provision of vaccines and the improvement of the health of our community. We will continue to monitor the situation and communicate any additional changes to our protocols.
Following Christ Together,
The Session of Valley